Sunday, October 25, 2009

Where is Karen????

Photobucket
I wish I had some really great story about why I seem to have fallen off the bloggy earth.... however, it is a very simple answer....... FACEBOOK!!! I am completely hooked. I have reconnected with friends that I havent spoken to in many many moons. I have seen pictures of their children and spouses, laughed hysterically at old stories and even talked to a few of them on the phone. Very very cool. Along with reconnecting I have built a "cyber Farm"! I have cows, chickens, pigs and sheep. I "plant and harvest" corn, cotton, soy beans, and pumpkins right from my recliner!! My addiction to Jungle Jewels may actually be cause for concern. It has become a sickness. I need intervention!!
Along with my sudden FaceBook frenzy, I have made the decision to do something for myself. We joined the local YMCA and I have taken a very aggressive stance on losing this 20 lbs that have snuck onto my rear in the last 18 months. I am working out and it feels SO GOOD. I am sleeping better and just feel better everyday. If you are like me and keep saying "I need to get in shape, I will start tomorrow", STOP IT!! Do it today! You are worth it! ( I sound like a hair color commercial!).
Since it's been so stinkin long, here's a quick update to get you up to speed......
Malarie is nuts. She is crazy and beautiful and wonderful and out of her mind half the time! She is in cheerleading and gymnastics and takes dance classes at the Y. SHe has attitude of a 15 year old hormonal teen girl but she is only 6. She is growing up way too fast and it makes me sad....
Jimmy has officially become a teenager. He has the attitude and sometimes makes my head spin around in circles on my shoulders. But he is also very handsome and smart (even tho he wont do his homework) and thanks to football, he has quite a little 6-pack in the works! Very scary!!
Jim has been in and out of town as usual. He recently spent 2 weeks working in Angola, Africa and is scheduled to go back for 30 more days next Saturday. The communication while he is there is terrible, so that is tough on us all. But the money cant be beat, so we will get through it....
We all enjoyed a wonderful summer at camp (well, wonderful except for the crappy weather). We all have made some very good friends at camp and look forward to seeing some of them over the winter. My best friend, Jodi, spent most of the weekends in August and September at camp with her twin girls, Kate and Clair. She is such a blessing to me and I was thrilled to have so much time with her all summer long!
So there you have it. I will try to keep popping in here to say hi!!!! If you are on FaceBook, friend me!! I will introduce you to my chickens!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Good to know you're still alive.

Angola????? Holy Buckets!

We got a puppy!
her name is LuLu...

CroppinRobin said...

my friend has been in colombia for the past 3 weeks and has web-chat with her family every night. if you want, i'll find out what program they used. it has been her only communication, other than facebook and blogging.

Karen said...

Robin, would love to know what web chat they used! We can use the cell phone but its ain't cheap!

Melissa,
I have been following you on FaceBook so I saw the pup! Too Cute!!!!

Rhonda said...

Facebook has definitely stolen some of my favorite bloggers! lol

congrats on the weight loss! that is awesome!